iOS and iPadOS are finally available for anyone who would like to test them: the first public beta is finally available.
It had already been possible for a few weeks to test new versions of the company’s mobile operating systems on compatible devices, but only if you had a paid developer account.
The new public beta is very easy to install, with the activation of a profile – it is nevertheless relatively complex to go back under iOS 12.
Want to test the new features of iOS 13 before anyone else?
Let’s start with a warning: when a program is in public beta, it means that it is not finished. You should expect many bugs, both in the system and in the applications you are used to using.
As well as sub-optimal performance and increased impact on the battery. Installing beta at this stage means doing it on a device that you don’t use every day.
iOS 13 iPadOS Beta: Compatible Smartphones and Tablets
All iPhone up to iPhone 6S, iPad up to iPad Air 2, iPad 5th generation, iPad mini 4, as well as all iPad Pro can enjoy it.
List of iPhones compatible with iOS 13
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
List of iPad compatible iPadOS
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad Pro 9,7″
- iPad Pro 10,5″
- iPad Pro 11″
- iPad Pro 12,9″
iOS 13 And iPadOS in Public Beta: Prerequisites
At this point, the beta is open to anyone who would like to install it on their smartphone – after a first phase reserved only for paid developers. Anyone can now install iOS 13 or iPadOS provided they have an iPhone or iPad compatible.
As a precaution, however, it is recommended to back up your device data while you are still under iOS 12.
You may need it if you want to downgrade your device later on: indeed, backups under iOS 13, will be useless if you downgrade your device.
How To Install Beta Of iOS 13 Or iPadOS
The procedure is the same in both cases:
- From your iPhone or iPad, click on the link to download and install the beta profile:
- Install the beta profile on your iPhone or iPad
- Open the Settings and touch Downloaded Profile
- Touch Install at the top right
- Then Install again in the following screen
- Connect your device to the mains and check that its WiFi connection is active
- Go to Settings > General > Updates to download and install iOS 13 or iPadOS on your device
Note: it is very important to backup your data under iOS 12 before starting the procedure.
How To Uninstall The Beta From iOS 13 Or iPadOS
If you wish to return to iOS 12:
- Put your iPhone in recovery mode (the procedure varies according to the models, but you can find all the information on the Apple website)
- Connect your iPhone to your computer
- iTunes should offer you to restore your device – validate
Note: This process involves restoring, and therefore deleting, the data on your device. You will not be able to restore a backup performed under iOS 13.
Have you tried to install the beta? What do you think of that? Share your opinion in the comments.